January 30, 2017 / 6017 A.L.
Just a few quick reminders about the upcoming events at Chamblee-Sardis Lodge:
- There is not a Regular Communication this week but we will hold officer's practice on Thursday, February 2nd starting at 7pm. Current officers are encouraged and any Master Masons interested in the work are welcome to attend.
- The Worshipful Master has asked that the Lodge officers meet before practice on Thursday starting at 5:30pm to go over the By-Laws and determine what else needs to be updated.
- Our first Boston Butt Fundraiser is coming up this weekend, Saturday, February 4th, just in time for the Superbowl! Reserve your butt at http://cs444.org/bb/. The price is $35 per butt due when picking up but you can prepay if you like. Please note that the break even point is 20 butts and that the Lodge has voted that we will not hold the sale if we do not meet at least 20 reservations.
- We will hold our next Regular Communication next week on Thursday, February 9th. Dinner will be served at 6:30pm and lodge opens at 7:30pm. The Worshipful Master welcomes all to attend; come out and join us!
Announcements and Upcoming:
- Our first Pancake Breakfast fundraiser will be Saturday, March 11th. More information will be forthcoming as we get closer to that date.
Outside the Lodge
- Every Wednesday afternoon, the 5th District Custodian hosts work practice at Lebanon Masonic Temple (Masters and Oak Grove Lodges) starting at 4:30pm. This is a great opportunity to practice all the work with our local authority.
- The 5th Masonic District School of Instruction will be held on four consecutive Fridays starting January 20th through February 10th at the Atlanta Masonic Center starting at 7pm. This Friday, February 3rd, is the third session. Dinner is catered by the Collard Green Cafe and served by the brothers of Oak Grove Lodge no. 492 starting at 5:30pm - the cost is unknown.
- This Saturday, Stone Moutain Lodge no. 449 will hold their monthly Breakfast starting at 7:30am until 10am at Stone Mtn Lodge. For more information, see their website: http://www.smlodge449.org.
- The next Master Masons' Breakfast will be Saturday, February 25th, at Piccadilly Cafeteria in Tucker starting at 9am. The purpose of these breakfasts is for fellowship, to meet Brethren from other Lodges, and to discuss issues and events affecting the Fifth District Lodges. All Master Masons are invited to attend, and Lodge officers are encouraged to come and share their knowledge, ideas, comments, and concerns. If you are planning on attending, RSVP at email@example.com.
Calendar Quick Look:
- 01/26 - Regular Communication and Awards Night, 7:30pm
- 02/02 - Officer's Practice, 7:00pm
- 02/04 - Boston Butt Sale, 12:00pm
- 02/09 - Regular Communication, 7:30pm
- 02/16 - Officer's Practice, 7:00pm
- 02/23 - Regular Communication, 7:30pm
Take a look at our calendar for more details.
If anyone has anything to include on the calendar, please let us know.
See you at the Lodge!
Sincerely and Fraternally,
Tony Knopes, Secretary
Chamblee-Sardis Lodge no. 444